In this documentary, in the form of a satellite map, you can zoom in on over 130 ancient lost cities around the world. Each location is linked to a Wikipedia page describing the location. Zooming in on the surrounding area tells a much broader story than a few snap shots taken of the popular features of these ancient cities in a magazine. By activating the 3D terrain mode, and using the compass to rotate and see the horizon, you can view the map with mountains in order to understand how these lost cities fit in their surroundings. Viewing these cities with mountains gives you a better understanding of places like Machu Picchu, Petra, Panjakent, El Tajín, Caral, and Choquequirao.
Locations in this map were determined by sources such as the following:
• List of World Heritage Sites • oddee.com’s list of 10 Most Amazing Lost Cities
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: Ancient Lost Cities by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.