In this documentary, in the form of satellite map, you can zoom in close and see the actual ancient and other ruins of Europe. Thus, you can actually see the palaces, forts, churches, ancient villages, castles, mounds, etc. There are over 250 sites in this map. For example, ruins like the Coliseum and Forum, Herculaneum, Mycenae, Plaosnik, Stonehenge, and lesser known ruins. And each site links to a Wikipedia page so you can read about the location.
The locations were determined by the following:
• Wikipedia’s List of archaeological sites by country • Wikipedia’s Lists of World Heritage Sites in Europe • And online searches
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: Ancient and other Ruins of Europe by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.