In this documentary, in the form of a satellite map, you can zoom in on over 150 ancient ruins of Africa. Thus, you can actually see the ancient village of Mukuni, where Dr. David Livingstone visited, the village of Thaba-Bosiu, Lesotho where King Moeshoeshoe fought off the white settlers and hostile African armies. See the ruins at Kilwa Kisiwani, the Great Enclosure of Zimbabwe, or the location of Stone Age rock paintings at Twyfelfontein, Namiba.
The locations were determined by the following resources:
• Marq de Villiers’ book Into Africa: A Journey • Wikipedia’s List of World Heritage Sites in Africa • Suggestions from member participants of Historum.com
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: Ancient Ruins of Africa by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.