In this documentary, in the form of an interactive satellite map, you can zoom in real close on the ancient ruins of Asia and see the actual forts, shrines, palaces and villages that formed the Asia of the past. Zoom in close and check out the ruins of: Al-Hijr, Angor Wat, Bhambore, Chang’an, Gaochang, Hierapolis, Himeji Castle, Jiaohe, Kafir Kot, Mohenjo-daro, Ratnagiri, The Great Wall of China, Tháp Bánh Ít, Troy, Xiyang Lou and others. Some of these locations–like the Black City, Kharakhorum, the ruins of the Guage Kingdom, Bamuqa, the Braij Monastery, Kanou, Merv, Nisa, and the Byzantine city of Der Dahes–are hard to find in Wikipedia and are not on the World Heritage Site list used to locate the majority of the locations in this map. As many locations as possible are linked to an associated Wikipedia page describing the location.
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: Ghost Towns of Asia by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.