In this documentary, in the form of a satellite map, traces the approximately 190 battles and other events of the American Revolution between the years of 1774 through 1784. With it you can zoom in on the actual battle fields, forts, etc., and read linked background information about each battle.
Also included into the chronological date order of the battles is when the following took place:
• 1st Continental Congress
• 2ndContinental Congress
• Thomas Paine’s Pamphlet Common Sense Published
• John Adams’ “Thoughts on Government” Published
• Signing of the Declaration of Independence
• Ben Franklin becomes Ambassador to France
• Articles of Confederation approved for ratification by the states
• Thomas Paine alludes to secret French negotiations
• John Adams joins Franklin in France
• Washington coordinates with the French
• Articles of Confederation were ratified
• John Adams lobbies the Dutch Republic for a loan
• Treaty of Paris
• Adams influences the Constitution via publications
• Ratification of the US Constitution
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: The American Revolution by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.