In this documentary, in the form of a satellite map, you can zoom in on the World War II battlefields on the Western Front from April of 1940 to April of 1945. The Blue locations are the German offensive while the Red locations are allied offensive. The battlefield locations and coordinates were provided by Wikipedia’s List of World War II Battles on the Western Front. Each battle is in chronological date order. Included in this map are the Battle of Dunkirk, D-Day at Normandy, the Battle of Britain Day, the Battle of Berlin, and the Battle for Brest, the Battle for Metz, Operation Clipper, and the Battle of the Bulge. Each location is linked to a Wikipedia page of the battle that describes the strategy, tactics, success, failures and the outcome.
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: World War 2 Battles: The Western Front by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.