This map tracks measles cases in the United States reported by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and other sources. One of the surprising aspects of this outbreak is that the bulk of this outbreak is in the NY tri-state metro area, an area with the one of the best healthcare systems in the country, that the Anti-Vax movement created havoc with a disease that was under control until 2019.
On the worldwide scale countries are experiencing far greater volume of cases in the tens of thousands or more. See:
Measles and Rubella Surveillance Data
Vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks (MAP)
- 2019 University Quarantines
- 2019 Cases
- 2012-18 Cases
Keyhole Markup Language (Google Earth KML)
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: U.S. Measles Outbreaks by County (2012-2019) by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.