This documentary, in the form of a satellite map, tracks the U.S. Meningitis Outbreak of 2012-2013 that affected twenty states across the U.S. What is unique to this map is that it tracks the healthcare facilities that reported 750 cases of Meningitis due to having received tainted Methylprednisolone Acetate (PF), linked to Epidural Steroid injections that were recalled from New England Compounding Center.
Locations plotted in this map were determined by the following sources:
- Centers for Disease Control’s List of Healthcare Facilities That Received Lots of Tainted Methylprednisolone Acetate (PF) Recalled from New England Compounding Center on September 26, 2012
- Centers for Disease Control’s map of Persons with Meningitis Linked to Epidural Steroid Injections, by State
- List of Recalled Products Related to Fungal Meningitis Outbreak
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: U.S. Meningitis Outbreak (2012-2013) by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.