This documentary, in the form of a satellite map, is the fifth and last of a series of maps that cover fossil sites worldwide. This map traces the fossil sites of Antarctica, Australia, and New Caledonia. Sites in this map of special interest include Cuddie Springs where scientists believe they have discovered 10,000 years of co-habitation. Included in the map are: Mungo Man (the oldest human remains in Australia found at Lake Mungo), dinosaurs and megafauna found at Seymore Island and the mountains of Antarctica.
The locations are based on the following resources:
- Wikipedia’s List of Fossil Sites
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: Fossil Sites of Antartica, Australia, and Oceania (A Paleontology Primer) by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.