This documentary, in the form of a satellite map, is the second in a series of maps that cover fossil sites worldwide. This map traces the many fossil sites in Asia. Included in this map are fossil sites such as Ngandong Man, Minatogawa Man, Peking Man, Yuanmou Man, and the Neanderthal woman of Tabun Cave. Other popular sites include the dinosaur death pits of the Qitai Silicon Wood - Dinosaur National Geological Park, the Lufeng Jurassic Dinosaur Heritage Park, the Shivalik Fossil Park, and the Zigong Geopark.
The locations were determined from the following resources:
- The tetrapod fossils from Jehol
- University of Bristol
- Wikipedia’s List of Fossil Sites
- US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
- Morphology and Evolution of Turtles, Chapter 12
- uiowa.edu nau.edu
- Book: Chinese Fossil Vertebrates by Spencer G. Lucas
- Book: The Cretaceous-Tertiary Boundary in the San Juan and Raton Basins …, Issue 209, edited by James E. Fassett, J. Keith Rigby
- Many of the locations were found by simply doing an image search for a map.