This documentary, in the form of a satellite map, is the second in a series of maps that cover fossil sites worldwide. This map traces the many fossil sites in Asia. Included in this map are fossil sites such as Ngandong Man, Minatogawa Man, Peking Man, Yuanmou Man, and the Neanderthal woman of Tabun Cave. Other popular sites include the dinosaur death pits of the Qitai Silicon Wood - Dinosaur National Geological Park, the Lufeng Jurassic Dinosaur Heritage Park, the Shivalik Fossil Park, and the Zigong Geopark.
The locations were determined from the following resources:
- The tetrapod fossils from Jehol
- University of Bristol
- Wikipedia’s List of Fossil Sites
- US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
- Morphology and Evolution of Turtles, Chapter 12
- uiowa.edu nau.edu
- Book: Chinese Fossil Vertebrates by Spencer G. Lucas
- Book: The Cretaceous-Tertiary Boundary in the San Juan and Raton Basins …, Issue 209, edited by James E. Fassett, J. Keith Rigby
- Many of the locations were found by simply doing an image search for a map.
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: Fossil Sites of Asia (A Paleontology Primer) by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.