This documentary, in the form of a satellite map, is the third in a series of maps that cover fossil sites worldwide. This map traces the fossil sites of Europe. Sites included in this map of special interest are Grès à Reptiles in southern France, the Jurassic Coast of England, the Messel pit in Germany, and the Cro-Magnons of Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil in central France.
The locations are based on the following resources:
- Wikipedia’s list of fossil sites
- The NY Times
- Journal of Human Evolution
- Many of the locations were found by simply doing an image search for a map.
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: Fossil Sites of Europe (A Paleontology Primer) by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.