This documentary, in the form of a satellite map, is the fourth in a series of maps that cover fossil sites worldwide. This map traces the fossil sites of North and South America. Sites included in this map of special interest are the Hilda mega-bonebed, Egg Mountain, the Agate fossil beds, the Aucilla River Page-Ladson prehistory site, Como Bluff, Cueva del Milodón Natural Monument, Anacleto Formation and the John Day Fossil Beds.
The locations are based on the following resources:
- Wikipedia’s List of Fossil Sites
- Flordia Museum of Natural History at the University of Flordia
- The American Journal of Botany
- Book Paleozoic and Mesozoic Rocks of Gros Ventre, Teton, Hoback, and Snake River
- Paleocene Flora of the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains, Issue 375
- Many of the locations were found by simply doing an image search for a map.