This documentary, in the form of a satellite map, investigates some of the worst environmental disasters that threaten life on this planet. It covers cover ch subjects as oil, cadmium cyanide, radiation, and slurry spills, garbage in our oceans, drinking water contamination, open pit and mountain top removal mining operations, deforestation, Superfund sites, nuclear disasters, and tire mound fires. Thus, you can zoom in on the actual sites where these events happened and read the linked articles from other sources that explain what life-threatening or environmentally-threatening event occurred at each site.
The locations were determined from Wikipedia's List of Environmental Disasters.
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: Map of Environmental Disasters by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.