This documentary, in the form of a satellite map, enables you to zoom in close on the submarine topography of the known Hydrothermal Vents and Cold Seeps identified in the article Decapod crustaceans from hydrothermal vents and cold seeps: a review through 2005 by Joel W. Martin and Todd A. Haney featured in the Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society of London, Volume 145, Issue 4, pages 445-552, December 2005 published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. The coordinates used were with the permission of John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. If you activate the 3D Terrain (Water Mask) in the Base Globe menu and use the compass on the upper left you can rotate the map and raise the horizon to view the vents and seeps on the ocean bottom in 3D.
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: The Submarine Topography of Hydrothermal Vents, Cold Seeps, and the likey Origins of Life by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.