This documentary, in the form of a satellite map, enables you to zoom in on 35 taxpayer-funded public and private construction projects worldwide that will make you wonder at their audacity and cry due to the effect they have as congressional earmarks to get re-elected on the national debt. They include sites involving corporate welfare, enterprise zones, airport expansions, bridges to “Nowhere”, airports and harbors for “No One”, a slow moving 26-lane highway, NFL and Olympic stadiums, mass transit systems, nuclear facilities, a new Homeland Security headquarters, and military nation-building in Iraq and Afghanistan. These project involve a combination of massive cost overruns, total mismanagement, greed, and a lack of accountability,
Keyhole Markup Language (Google Earth KML)
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: 35 Wasteful Government-funded Construction Projects by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.