In this documentary, in the form of a satellite map, you can trace the good, the bad, and the troubled forms Republican government. Learn about the different types of Republics: Arab Republics, Confederal Republics, Federal Republics, Islamic Republics, People’s Republics, Socialist Republics, and Unitary Republics. Some of them are excellent examples of representative government. Others will surprise you in that they are some of the most troubled areas of the world, where terrorism, war, revolution, fiscal crisis, corruption, the worst human right violations, apartheid, and wide spread genocide have occurred.
The Republics plotted in this map were determined from Wikipedia’s List of Republics. Each Republic plotted is linked to a Wikipedia page that explains what form of Republic it has.
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: History of Republic, Forms of Government - The Good, Bad, and Troubled as of 2013 by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.