Malaysia Airlines flight 17, also called Malaysia Airlines flight MH17, flight of a passenger airliner that crashed and burned in eastern Ukraine on July 17, 2014. All 298 people on board, most of whom were citizens of the Netherlands, died in the crash. A Dutch inquiry determined that the aircraft was shot down by a Russian-made surface-to-air missile. For Malaysia Airlines it was the second disaster of 2014, following the disappearance of flight 370 on March 8.
Keyhole Markup Language (Google Earth KML)
AttributionJim Lee, ClimateViewer News
Map: Malaysian Airlines MH17 shot down by SA-11 (2014) by Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.