In this documentary, in the form of a satellite map, is the 3rd of a 7–part series of maps covering the growth of commercial aviation worldwide. With this map you can zoom in on the locations of the Commercial Aviation Crash sites during one of the most violent periods in commercial aviation history. A period where planes were bombed by terrorists, and shot down by military actions Included in this map are the infamous D. B. Cooper Extortion Hijacking, the Israeli shooting down of Libyan Arab Airlines Flight 114 the Soviet shooting down of Korean Air Lines Flight 902, the Dniprodzerzhynsk mid-air collision, the Zagreb mid-air collision, and Air Rhodesia Flight 827 shot down by the Zimbabwe People’s Revolutionary Army.
The locations and coordinates were obtained from the following:
• Wikipedia’s List of accidents and incidents involving commercial aircraft • Aviation Safety Network
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: Commercial Aviation Crashes (1971-1980) by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.