This satellite map enables you to zoom in on the various venues of the 2014 Sochi Olympics. The intent of the map is to enable the vast majority of people who could not afford to attend the Olympics to experience the event for themselves and understand the locations of what they had seen on television.
I also plotted both the Men’s and Women’s Downhill (the green lines) so that you can digitally ski them in on 3D mountains if you activate the 3D Terrain mode located in the Base Globe menu and use the compass on the upper left to rotate and view the horizon.
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: Sochi Olympics (2014) by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.