DORIS is a Doppler satellite tracking system developped for precise orbit determination and precise ground location. It is onboard the Cryosat-2, Jason-1, Jason-2, ENVISAT and HY-2A altimetric satellites and the remote sensing satellites SPOT-4 and SPOT-5. It also flew with SPOT-2, SPOT-3 and TOPEX/POSEIDON.
IDS is an international service which provides a support, through DORIS data and products, to geodetic, geophysical, and other research and operational activities. New proposals for Analysis Centers and temporary or permanent DORIS stations are welcome.
AttributionJim Lee, ClimateViewer News
Map: Doppler Orbitography and Radiopositioning Integrated by Satellite (DORIS) by Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.