In this documentary, in the form of a satellite map, you can zoom in on the approximately 130 sunken ships of the Indian Ocean and Red Sea. Each location links to a Wikipedia page that describes the ship’s history and actions. Included in this map are the Japanese submarine I-27, Japanese cruisers Myōkō and Kuma, German submarine U-852, SMS Königsberg, and the SS Carnatic.
The locations and coordinates are determined from Wikipedia’s List of Shipwrecks.
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: Sunken Ships of the Indian Ocean and Red Sea by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.