This documentary, in the form of a satellite map, examines 235 operational and planned solar power plants around the world in 2018. This map enables you to zoom in close on both Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) and Photovoltaic (PV) power stations in order to understand how they are designed.
Locations were determined by the following sources:
• The National Renewable Energy Laboratory SolarPACES database
• Wikipedia’s List of Solar Thermal Power Stations
• Wikipedia’s List of Photovoltaic Power Stations
- Power Tower (CSP)
- Linear Fresnel Reflector (CSP)
- Parabolic Trough (CSP)
- Photovoltaic Power
AttributionGeorge Stiller, MyReadingMapped™
Map: Concentrated Solar Power and Photovoltaic Parks (2018) by George Stiller and Jim Lee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at climateviewer.org/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at climateviewer.com/terms.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.